Check out our list of topics and projects to see what you might want to work on or contribute during the 2021 Virtual Working Group Meeting March 1-2, 2022.
CONTENT LEADER: Matt Mickletz
- Continue working on the Developing Policy subsection
- Continue to check links within each subsection to ensure they are active
- Added links to other pages within site and other resources
- Review additional subsections for necessary updates, corrections, links to add.
CONTENT LEADER: Pat Kelley
- Work on updating ID Fact Sheets and ensuring accuracy on Airtable
- Update Image Credit line info
- Add pertinent new pests to list
- Set up pdf export from Airtable
CONTENT LEADER: Adam Osgood
- Review and update the language of the various treatments with a particular focus to finalize freezing language for the web page and to review language on anoxia.
- Review all updates from last year and make sure they make it up to the website.
- Review CO2 vs Nitrogen/Argon language and consider if step by step instruction or more general description is appropriate.
TOPIC: Vertebrate Pests
CONTENT LEADERS: Julia Sybalsky, Fran Ritchie, Joel Voron
- Review organization of Solutions for Vertebrate Pests page; consider improvements to this section to make flow intuitive; small amount of clean-up to existing text
- Add key resources for vertebrate groups other than rodents
- Continue development of additional vertebrate fact sheets – birds, larger mammals, etc.
- Update and complete Monitoring – Rodent Trap Selection page
CONTENT LEADER: Genevieve Tocci
The monitoring pages provide specific suggestions and resources for monitoring collections as part of a preventative IPM program. The goal during the virtual working session is to review the areas under monitoring to make sure they are up to date and add or remove information as needed.
- General review of all monitoring pages for out of date or lacking information. Add additional resources if needed.
- Review record keeping and reporting page in detail and make sure software listed is current.
- Reassess the database field list and make suggestions. Continue working on in-progress template for simple formatting in excel/sheets.
- Basics of how to start to set up a monitoring program, including pitfalls and advice.
- Assessing traps with budget constraints to add to the traps page: Ideal, vs. moderate, vs. minimal.
TOPIC: Health and Safety
CONTENT LEADER: Lisa Goldberg
- Finalize and add in text for introduction of Health and Safety pages
- Finalize and add in text for regulatory information
- Begin work on JHAs for individual solutions.
- Make sure that the H & S resources link to what is presented on the Solutions and Residual Pesticides pages
- Statement on mold and link to AIC wiki site
TOPIC: Social Media
CONTENT LEADERS: Zoe Hughes, Matt Mickletz
- Find someone to lead this section and/or assume posting as Lydia has left the world of IPM/open it up to others to contribute
- Link IG and FB accounts
- Discuss closing our Twitter account – not very active
- Link IG posts to Facebook
CONTENT LEADER: Leon Zak
- Update pdfs across the site with the new Logo and Masthead
- Refresh broken links and navigation as needed
TOPIC: Translation and Foreign Language Sites
CONTENT LEADERS: TBD