Check out our list of topics and projects to see what you might want to work on or contribute during the 2021 Virtual Working Group Meeting March 9-10.
CONTENT LEADER: Matt Mickletz
- Continue working on the Developing Policy subsection
- Check links within each subsection to ensure they are active
- Added links to other pages within site and other resources
- Review additional subsections for necessary updates, corrections, links to add.
- Discuss addition of content on site-wide IPM
CONTENT LEADER: Genevieve Tocci
The monitoring pages provide specific suggestions and resources for monitoring collections as part of a preventative IPM program. The goal during the virtual working session is to review the areas under monitoring to make sure they are up to date and add or remove information as needed.
- General review of all monitoring pages for out of date or lacking information. Add additional resources if needed.
- Review record keeping and reporting page in detail and make sure software listed is current.
- Reassess the database field list and make suggestions. Continue working on in-progress template for simple formatting in excel/sheets.
- Basics of how to start to set up a monitoring program, including pitfalls and advice.
- Assessing traps with budget constraints to add to the traps page: Ideal, vs. moderate, vs. minimal.
CONTENT LEADER: Pat Kelley
- Enter pest fields for Conserv project
- Complete remaining uploads of vetted pest images taken by Tom Parker into the Image Library
- Work through and repair why some pests do not appear in their category silhouette searches. E.g. Moth flies, Cluster flies, booklouse, others (Need Leon’s help with this)
- Build form for image use rights for images that appear on PestList for ID (Need Leon’s help with this)
- Check existing Pest Fact Sheets for accuracy and add new headers with updated MP logos
- Add new Pest Fact Sheets to Pest Library
CONTENT LEADER: Adam Osgood
- Review and update the language of the various treatments with a particular focus on freezing with recent increased interest in this topic from the PestList.
- Review updates from last year and make sure they make it up to the website.
- A limited time will be spent discussing and reviewing the legal and regulatory language and concerns around anoxic and CO2 treatments.
CONTENT LEADERS: Julia Sybalsky and Fran Ritchie
PROJECTS/GOALS: The Rodents Group will be working on the following:
- Finalizing our Concise Location-Based Illustrated Guide to House Mouse Exclusion and Monitoring PDF Document
- Developing a Resource List around key questions related to rodent pest management/mitigation
- Integration of Rodent Monitoring and Exclusion PDF Document and Resource List into MPWG website, including reconciliation of newer and older content presented on the website
TOPIC: Health and Safety
CONTENT LEADER: Lisa Goldberg
- Update page with an introduction
- Update Resources and divide topically
- Add links to EPA pages and registers
- Add information on state level pesticide registration rules and regulations
- Check our current list of links and make sure they are each active and applicable.
- Make sure that the H & S resources link to what is presented on the Solutions and Residual Pesticides pages
TOPIC: Social Media
CONTENT LEADERS: Zoe Hughes, Lydia Garetano, Christina Johnson, Matt Mickletz
- Discuss closing our Twitter account – not very active
- Instagram as primary Social Media platform linking posts to Facebook
CONTENT LEADERS: Leon Zak and Rachael Arenstein
- Update pdfs across the site with the new Logo and Masthead
- Refresh broken links and navigation as needed
TOPIC: Translation and Foreign Language Sites
CONTENT LEADERS: TBD