The following documents were created by members of the Integrated Pest Management Working Group – Treatment Committee to assist institutions in deciding which remedial treatments may be appropriate for their collections. The documents give a brief description of each treatment solution, discuss what collections materials can be treated this way, outline general procedures and pros and cons of the particular treatment, and touch on supplies, additional resources, and health and safety concerns.
Please note that these documents apply to insect pests. For solutions for vertebrate pests (rats, mice, snakes, lizards) please see Additional Resources.
- Isolation / Bagging
- Low Temperature Treatment
- Heat Treatment
- Oxygen Scavenger Treatment
- Controlled Atmosphere – Carbon Dioxide Treatment
- Controlled Atmosphere – Nitrogen / Argon Gas Treatment
- Fumigation with Toxic Gases
- Pesticide Treatment of Collections Areas
- Insect Growth Regulators (IGRs) in Collections
- Insect Growth Regulators (IGRs) for Subterranean Termites